Friday 12 September 2014

Oak Class Reflections on Sounds heard at the Mun 12 September 2014

Oak class composed their own poems inspired by the sounds recorded in the field work books during yesterday's visit to the Mighty Mun, the first of many trips this term we hope.

Here is a selection of our 'Sounds Reflections' that you may like to read.

Listen to the birds tweeting,
listen to the twigs snapping,
listen to the gun going off,
listen to the wind swirling,
listen to the people talking,
listen to the leaves rustling,
listen to the bus rumbling,
listen to the cars revving.
Listen.
                                by Alex


I heard birds tweeting in the trees.
I heard bees buzzing in their hive.
I heard trees snapping near the bus.
I heard cars rumbling on the main road.
I heard rustling winds near the road.
I heard a gun destroying near the river.
I heard a calling of a bug to its friend.
                                by Summer

Listen to the birds tweeting, singing and swirling with freedom.
Hear the sports tractors revving, pulling our wheat.
Listen to the cruel men killing animals and follow the gunshots.
Hear the wind howling as shatter the trees down.
                                by Tylar-James

I heard sticks snapping,
I heard birds tweeting,
I heard the wind,
really, that's all I heard.

                by Kelan